Set Your Intentions For A Healthy 2019.
Take some time this week to make a plan for your health in 2019. When committing to your intentions be realistic and specific. Try to address one habit at a time - maybe plan one habit improvement per month. Here are some ideas of specific, realistic intentions that might call to you:
1. Commit to consistent, daily exercise routine -150 minutes per week.
2. Try a something new: an exercise class - Spinning, Intervals, Yoga, Strength; a new vegetable in your food plan (artichokes, beets in your salad).
3. Hire a Personal Trainer to design a work-out routine to meet your specific goals.
4. Start each day with 16 ounces of water.
5. Get up 15 minutes early and do a daily routine of 4 exercises to start your day. Bird dog, Bridge, “T” and Plank Ups. Need help designing your morning exercise routine? Set up an appointment with Kim Jacobs, email@example.com.
6. Bring your lunch to work. Here are some healthy, quick ideas:
-Whole grain bread with Peanut butter. A piece of fruit and a cup of cut up vegetables.
-Yogurt with homemade 1/2 cup granola or 1/4 cup grape nuts, 1 cup frozen berries and 1 cup cut up vegetables (sweet peppers, carrots, cucumbers, celery, etc)
-Vegetable Salad: Cut up vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, beets, carrots, celery, etc) with spinach or kale, protein (meat, cottage cheese, tofu, edamame, cheese, etc)
7. Be sure to have fruit and/or vegetables at every meal and snack.
Eat healthy and if you desire weight loss, let that be secondary to the healthy food.
8. Take 15 minutes each day for self-care: simple meditation breathing, a warm bath, stretching routine, a walk in the country, afternoon tea with a candle nearby. Relax and be good to yourself!
These are just a few ideas. If you would like to sit down with a trainer at BFIT and discuss your goals and intentions for 2019, simply email Kim Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org.